holiday photo cards

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

every year i try to come up with new ideas how to display all the christmas photo cards we receive in the mail. this year, after seeing a fantastic idea in pinterest ~ all the old photo cards we received, i placed in a glass bowl in our coffeetable. i also gathered them together, punched a hole in the corner of each card and tied with a beautiful red dotted ribbon. 

it's now gorgeously displayed in our family room where friends can easily snatch it up and flip through it. the new ones we receive this year goes on a silver platter in our formal dining room. i'll snap a shot of that one of these days! 

Old holiday photo cards
 
here are a few other ways i did with our photo cards received (2010) ~ hung on a string by our formal dining room's buffet table

christmas cards

last year, all the cards were hung on our two golden mazanita trees (courtesy of my friend Nina) along with some green ornaments


how are you displaying your holiday photo cards this year? do share! 




7 comments :

Frog Prince Paperie said...

I love this idea! I always struggle with what to do with all the cards every year.

Marie said...

Great ideas for displaying your cards!! So creative. I put mine in a Santa Basket. Not very creative at all.

Emily said...

Great ideas! I really love how you displayed yours last year, so pretty!

Emily said...

Great ideas! I really love how you displayed yours last year, so pretty!

Samantha said...

This is FANTASTIC Lili!!! Thanks for sharing! I have one of those silly snowman card displays, but I LOVE your ideas much better! Please snap a pic of the silver platter too!

xo, sam
**Style of Sam**

Leslie said...

I’m not entirely sure how I want to display cards this year. I’ll probably post about it sometime next week after our decorations have actually gone up!

Unknown said...

Love the idea of a flip book for the cards! Last year, and again this year we draped ribbon in the windows and then slung the cards over top as we received them!
Steffi
http://inherited-jeans.blogspot.com