hydrangea wreath DIY [from copy craft]

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

obviously my home is gearing for spring and this adorable hydrangea wreath is just too pretty not to be featured. spotted at copy-craft, a blog of inspirations and re-creations, here's the tutorial that sounds easy to pass :

SUPPLIES

5-6 sheets of 12X12 paper
        Hydrangea (or other similar flower shape) craft punch
Wreath form
Glue gun
Ribbon for hanging


Cut paper into strips. Punch out flower shapes. Fold up edges of flowers to give dimension.

Glue flowers to wreath until it's covered. Simple, right?
I am so inspired by this and i already have this punch at home, so i'm set!

 


{all photos by copy-craft}

For the full blog post and tutorial tips, hop on to copy-craft!


15 comments :

Christine {Pure Joy} said...

Thanks for sharing. Planning to make this for my Easter Egg Hunt party.

Hamptontoes said...

I just love how you sink your teeth into creating beauty in your home and with all that you do...your my kind of gal!

Unknown said...

oh that is sooo sooo pretty!

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

So lovely! So glad you shared this! xo

Sandi said...

So pretty!

Iris {Sweet Metel Moments} said...

Absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

Paper punches are a girls' best friends and I love how it was used here. I am definitely making this for my door, but I am going to use pearlized straight pins so the flowers look like they have a stamen! You provided some INSPIRATION PLUS.

Leslie said...

So pretty! I always look longingly at the paper punches when I'm at the craft store, but the price tag just seems so high for a unitasker. But that's why I begged for the Silhouette, so I could just use that instead! Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

What a perfect door decoration for Spring!!!

Abby M. Interiors said...

I love it! It looks like a practice in patience. ;-) Can't wait to see how yours looks when you're done!!
xo
abby

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

This is stunning, so love the color. I'll need to try this!
Thanks for your visit!
Enjoy looking at your blog!
Take care
Kristin

Anne said...

Hey, thanks so much for sharing my tutorial! Looking forward to seeing your version.

p.s. to the other commenters: the punch is totally worth the price when you use a 40% off Michael's coupon :)

jackie fo said...

I love this!!! This is a perfect project for watching TV :)

Unknown said...

This is super cute and fun for spring!

Mae Armstrong said...

I'm already adding this one to my long DIY list. Thanks for sharing!