mommy and me spa party [party inspirations]

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Photobucket

a good old friend suprised me with an email last night requesting if i can assist her as she plans for her big day. she would like to celebrate it along with her daughter's birthday this coming april. a fun mommy and me spa party was planned and i think it's a great idea that both mommy and daughter will enjoy along with their friends. 

this inspiration board came to life and i adore the black, pink and lavender color scheme as it is truly girly and fun. a spa party is not complete without a spa bar lining up bottles of nailpolish, body scrubs, lotions, scented oils and soaps. these would serve as party favors as the guests fill up their spa baskets to-go. 

for the little girls, a kid-friendly dessert table or candy bar would be more appropriate serving cupcakes topped with spa-themed cupcake toppers, cookies, cakeballs and more. the girls then get to take home a personalized spa canvas bag filled with mini-lotions, bath bombs, lip balms, toy rings and candy bracelets. 

a signature refreshing drink is a must. say, a pink martini or mojitos for the mommies and a fresh strawberry milkshake for the girls. i am typing this and i'm getting to really like this idea very much (even though i don't have a daughter) but this soiree is such a fabulous get-together with friends and getting pampered on your special day! 

{photo sources}

7 comments :

JC's Loft said...

Oh what fun! I love black and pink!!! I'm not sure I would have thought to put lavender with it but I'm liking it!

Happy planning : )

Paula

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

What a great party theme!!!

Leslie said...

Sounds like a great plan is taking place! I can't wait to see how it all works out!

emily said...

This sounds fabulous!

Irma said...

Thanks for this inspiration Lili. My daughter is having a spa party for her 13th bday. I'm not good with decorating but this is a start. Thank you!

Iris {Sweet Metel Moments} said...

So cute! That's a great theme! Love all the things you picked out!

Elizabeth {sunny bug} said...

FUN idea! I think this would be fun to do with or without a borthday party...I'm always looking for a fun way to spend time with my daughter :) Quick question: how did you put together your inspiration board of pictures? Do you use a special program?