last week my friend grace of divasoria blog featured me on her blog's popular glossy series and i was thrilled to empty my makeup bag and share my favorite skin and bath products. i have holy grail favorites but i love to try new (or new-to me) products that i'd like to switch out or alternate when season ends or when weather changes occur. so here are a few items i have added lately.....
- rimmel scandal eyes shadow stick - not only is it a steal for under $5, it is an easy eyeshadow stick to apply. very pigmented with high luster, it comes in a variety of colors. i have the bulletproof beige that goes on eyelids in a light gold shade that's very pretty
- chanel vitalumiere aqua - i got a sample sachet in the mail and was instantly hooked. this is the perfect summer lightweight foundation that offers medium to full coverage. it's a new product in my HG list, its that good.
- urban decay makeup setting spray - didn't think i need one BUT boy i was wrong. 3-4 spritz of this to your face as your last step before heading out the door and it leaves your skin so refreshed and makeup lasts forever.
- tom ford beauty brow sculptor (in chestnut) - a bit pricey for an eyebrow pencil but i think it's worth it. the slanted angle of the pencil tip makes for an easy application. the other end reveals a brow brush and a sharpener after twisting off the cap. this is a new HG product as its an easy no-fuss eyebrow pencil for me. no wonder some stores limit the number of these you can buy at a certain time, some women hoard them!
- tom ford lip color shine (in insidious) - these lipsticks are less pigmented but rich in shine and luster. insidious is the perfect light coral shade for summer to complement a tan!
- jouer lip enhancer - this lip treatment is packed with ingredients and vitamins to nourish and moisturize dry, chapped lips. i got a small tube sample months ago and totally forgot about it until i suffered from dry lips recently. it not only instantly treated it but it has lasting nourishing results!
- l'oreal true match crayon concealer - i am amazed how this product did a good job of covering stubborn blemishes and skin discolorations. it goes on skin creamy and it blends easily. this could potentially be a new concealer favorite that even beats high-end brand concealers, imo.
- neutrogena oil-free acne wash - i have used the pink grapefruit cleansing wipes for like forever and thought i'd try this since i ran out of my cleanser. i love the pink grapefruit scent that leaves skin feeling fresh and tingly. it never leaves my skin dry and has 2% salicylic acid to keep my acne controlled.
- i love new york for mothers by bond no. 9 - and lastly, i got this fragrance for mother's day and it is the perfect blend of spicy and fruity that can be worn everyday. the stunning bottle is in the loveliest baby pink color that perfectly complements its feminine scent. love that they also gave out a good sized refillable atomizer with my gift along with about a dozen sample tubes. nothing beats that!
so, what have you added to your holy grail list lately? do share new finds!