my dulce de leche

Monday, August 8, 2011


did that photo get your attention or what? did it make you drool? LOL.

 that's not my cake but i have bragging rights to say that my version was pretty yummy too. it may not look like that BUT i'm happy to share a recipe i successfully tried. trust me, my cake tasted as good as that picture looked :-))

last week i attempted to make my own dulce de leche frosting and found this recipe online and re-created it using what i have in my pantry. for the cake, i have a boxed chocolate fudge cake mix and used that. you can certainly bake your tried and tested chocolate cake with this icing. here are the ingredients for my dulce de leche frosting version :

  • 1 can condensed milk (small can)
  • 1/3 cup nutella
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
  • beat all ingredients until stiff (about a minute) and you're ready to frost!

i still have a container-filled leftover of this decadent icing and im seriously tempted to bake whoopie pies and fill them with these dulce de leche. if you want to see what mine looked like, dont judge but you can take a peek here.

do you have your own version of dulce de leche? please share!

3 comments :

Elina0408 said...

Oh, you remind me of the time I was living in Espana! There I was eating every Saturday a delicious dulce de leche made by an old lady in our local bakery! I have tried twice to recreate it but without much success! The dulce de leche I have made was with fresh milk though and real vanilla! There are several recipes in the web! Good luck next time although your version looks quite yummy and of course mouthwatering food doesn't need always a recipe does it?
Lena

emily said...

That looks absolutely delicious!

Leslie said...

Sounds absolutely delicious! Just wondering though...what inspired the dulce de leche crave?