objects of my affection [and a discount code]

Monday, February 14, 2011

throwing a swanky shindig can be quite costly but if you invest on a few basic necessity, they will last you a lifetime and you will use them over and over, year after year. i am guilty myself ~ i spend a fortune over platters, cake stands, silverware etc. and i love adding pieces to my collection over time. 

here are a few objects of my affection : 



a fireengine red stand mixer will be a standout on your kitchen countertop


 this stainless steel cake stand is perfect for a mod contemporary party at home



 i have been eyeing this copper chafing dish for awhile now. it lends a rustic charm to the buffet table! 


this sterling silver cup is a sweet token for a special newborn baby


this tea warmer server set is lovely for an afternoon tea party with the ladies!


and lastly, a great addition to your dessert table, this 3-tier silver dessert server gives that added height and impact that will surely impress your guests! 

:: :: :: 

luckily for S::C::F readers, the folks at OVERSTOCK.com  
is offering a 10 % discount code to use on their site.

DISCOUNT CODE : 121745 (excluding movies, books and electronics). 
This discount code never expires, however, it can only be used once per email address.

and 

FREE SHIPPING CODE : 202234 (free shipping code for electronics only) 


[All the ideas and opinions expressed are my own. No monetary compensation was received for doing this post, however, I was provided with a discount code]



10 comments :

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

I have been after that mixer for ages! I so need to invest! xo

Leslie said...

I'm the same way with collecting serving pieces. Now I actually do need more, but have no space for them...oops! I love my Kitchen Aid, and use it constantly over the holidays - and you have some beautiful serving pieces here!

Ava said...

I only have a hand mixer, but after making many batches of frosting and cake and cupcakes, I told my husband. I think I'm grownup enough to deserve a standing mixer! It's time! :) I love the red one!

Hamptontoes said...

The red KitchenAide mixer is in my kitchen and used almost daily...for everything! You'll never regret the purchase...it's amazing. I have two (one in the Hamptons too!) Love that you collect all kinds of entertaining dishes, platters, etc...isn't it fun? Welcoming family and friends into my home is one of my greatest happiness!

Erin Deegan said...

thanks for the code. i think i'm an overstock addict. loving the cake stand and chafing dish!

Marie A. said...

i have that same exact mixer. i got it for christmas 2009 and i am embarrassed to say that it still in its box. i have to start using it!

thank you so much securing the codes at overstock.com!

Susan said...

I'm beginning to get the idea you like to shop. I spy that mixer and long to use that discount code. Thankyou for looking out for us ladies

Gabby Malcuit said...

The dessert stand is my favorite!

Alely said...

love the tea warmer server set : )

Abby M. Interiors said...

I loooooooove that cake stand. Great picks!