fun unique invites [party planning]

Saturday, January 15, 2011

our little guy's birthday is not till a few more months but i have been dreaming up themes, colors, party favors and of course, invitations to start the whole thing going! 

last year, i have posted a few amazing ideas for your next party's invites and here's a few more inspirations : 


boxed invite filled with jellybeans for a lego-themed party. so cute!
 {via}

 

christi of p is for party had this great idea of sending invites via mailing tubes 
filled with confetti and party blower
{image source}


i love this boat invitation with inflatable balloon perfect
for a nautical or sailing-themed party
 {via}


sooo unique and charming, wraparound invites along with
handkerchief invitation maps (aka handkermap).
see how the process was done here 


lovely fabric pocket invitation. i can imagine this could be an easy DIY

{source}


and lastly, lemonheads-filled boxed invite for a baby shower from oh happy day. i love it! 

19 comments :

Anonymous said...

I loooovvvveeee the balloon one! How do people come up with these ideas!? lol... They're all too awesome!

Unknown said...

Those are darling. I love the fabric envelopes and the lemonhead ideas! So darn creative. Those would be a joy to open.

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

They are so gorgeous - l love the baby shower one!
Rachie xo

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I just love a creative invitation! Sets the tone and anticipation for the party. Thanks!
Mary Ann

Mary Ann Pickett said...

PS. I just set out invitations for a dinner club party drawn on wooden cooking spoons from Target (cheap).
:) following you now.

caycee said...

I love all of these!! So fun and unique!! You just made my day with The Stylish Blogger award! Thanks Love!!!

Leslie said...

Such fun ideas! The lemonheads are so cute!

emily said...

All of those invites are so neat. What fun ideas!

JC's Loft said...

I love the first one!

Paula

Hamptontoes said...

Love them all. I too, sink my teeth into planning something special for each of my kiddies...right now I'm working on my daughter's 5th...a Barbie themed party is what her heart desires!

Susan said...

They are all so pretty. My favourite is the yellow--so happy.

Gabby Malcuit said...

The balloon is so unique!

Iris {Sweet Metel Moments} said...

These are ADORABLE! I love them all, but being a candy lover, my favorites are the Lego invite with the jelly beans and the baby shower invite with the Lemonheads.

Abby M. Interiors said...

AAGh! these are all so awesome! I can't wait to see what you do. I'm passing this post along. :-)
abby

Anonymous said...

Love them all!!!I'm also starting to plan Josh's 2nd birthday and this gives me so much inspiration. Thanks!!And thanks for stopping by my blog! You are always so sweet!!!xo clemens

Michaela said...

I adore the fabric invites! How cute!! I just love things like this (:

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I love original inviations...unfortunately I've learned the hard way with my kid's friends that people only respond to an evite these days. so sad!

Kristen Ellis said...

Love this!! I'm planning my next party just for the invitation! :)

Christine {Pure Joy} said...

So many great unique invite ideas.