french-themed party [first birthday]

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

i first spotted these amazing party photos via michelle and ellie and thought i'd share them with you as i find this party lovely and charming! 

it's a french-themed birthday party for darcie's daughter noelle who turned one. the fun birthday party boasts of  a mime (who also did balloons) and a corner french bakery set-up. as an accomplished baker and cake decorator of pink peach cakes, darcie whipped up some of the most adorable birthday cakes (this party has three cakes!). i also simply love the sweet decor elements such as the white and yellow paper awning, wall art frames for coloring reminiscent of an art gallery and the charming bistro feel of the party venue!









{all photos by the talented heather of coterie}

what's NOT to love? 

16 comments :

Leslie said...

This is just so adorable! I especially love all the hand-drawn elements - they really make it feel special and home-made! Thanks for sharing!

Roxy Te said...

oh my gosh! Did you do this? I absolutely adore! So creative!

Melissa C said...

Adorable!!!

JC's Loft said...

That bistro and awning are just darling! Love the favors in the bike basket, that is a wonderful touch!

Paula

Rachie @ A Chi Chi Affair said...

This is just the best! I love it! x

Unknown said...

Just darling. I love the little touches with the bike and the awning. how fun to draw on the walls. what a darling party.

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

Seriously adorable! I love it all!!

Iris {Sweet Metel Moments} said...

This is so precious!! I love the corner bakery and all of the yummy-looking goodies.

ALR said...

Really cute! Lots of great ideas can be used from the French. Lots of pastry opportunities:)

xo
Amy R.

Sandi said...

too cute! love the awning - and easy would that be to make!

Ali Rockwell said...

This is the freaking cutest thing I have ever seen.

Leah said...

So sweet! I love it!

Luvs!

Gabby Malcuit said...

Love it, especially the French theme. Definitely going to try that someday.

Susan said...

The mime/clown was a cute detail and her cakes are really sweet too. Tell her she might consider using my macarons,which are "Oh, so French" http://www.GreenEyedSusan.com for her next French birthday.

Colleen said...

I am in love with this party! What a cute idea! I am definitely going to consider this theme for my son's 3rd birthday party. A boy can have a French-themed party, too, huh?!;)

Heather said...

It was such an amazing party! So glad you like the photos!